Flat bar is a rectangular, flat piece of metal that is available as hot rolled or cold finished depending on the project requirements. Hot rolled flat bar is used for projects requiring high strength and flexibility and often used for support inside staircases, construction joists, bracing, bracketing and shelving. Cold finished flat bar takes additional processing which gives it a smoother finish and increases its strength. This can be used in machine component parts and household appliances for example. We can cut flats to custom lengths and fulfill quickly and seamlessly, just contact our team to get a quote.
- Hot rolled or cold finished steel
- Cold finished 1018 flats available in 12' sections
- Hot rolled A36 flats available in 20' sections
- Thicknesses of 1/4" to 1- 1/4" and 1/2" wide up to 12" wide
- Can be cut to length on our band saws