Round tubing is an extruded, hollow tube in a round shape which is cut and processed to be smooth on its interior and exterior. This tubing is measured by its outside diameter (OD) and wall thickness. Types of round tubing include Standard or DOM tubing (drawn over mandrel). Standard tubing has a seam while DOM doesn’t, due to DOM being cold-drawn electric resistance welded, with all of the flash (or seam) removed. Round tubing is most common in telescoping applications or where a specific OD and ID (inside diameter) are required. Need custom lengths or cuts to tubing for your project? At Coosa Steel we can process tubing on our BLM LT7 laser with any customization and cut quickly and precisely. Our expert team can pick, process and ship out your tubing parts to specification in a matter of days, contact us for a quote to get started.
Round tube and pipe are sometimes confused, but have one key difference to ensure you secure the right item. Tubing is measured from the outside diameter and with a specific wall thickness, while pipe is measured from the inside diameter with a varying thickness determined by the schedule.
- Available in sizes from 1/2" - 8" in stock
- Thicknesses ranging from 16 gauge to 1/2" thick
- Other sizes available with 1 - 2 day lead time
- Can laser cut any customer requirements up to 6” on our BLM Laser
- Can be cut on our band saw or miter saw
- Can be cut on our BLM cold cut saw with tolerances +/- .030 and brush deburred
- In grades A513 & A500B&C